SkyDog Projects Open Call to Collaborate
Conflux Festival Workshop 9/18/09
Attention all digital photographers
As part of the Conflux 2009 festival, SkyDog Projects is organizing a group workshop on Friday September 18th from 7pm to 9pm to capture the energies and geographic dynamism of the Brooklyn East River Waterfront Landscape.
The idea is simple. Â To enlist photographers to collectively capture the beauty and rhythms of the lower East River corridor through the use of time lapse photographic techniques. Â After the workshop, the participants will be asked to upload their footage to YouTube and register information about the location and URLs of their footage. Â Using software developed specifically for the conference, conference members will be allowed to create interactive presentations that will uniquely investigate the various perspectives and energies that were captured.
- This workshop is open to public and available to everyone who is willing to share their final results.
- Participants will need to have a basic understanding of time lapse photography, their own equipment, and a means of combining and uploading the final movies to YouTube.
- The goal is collapse the 2 hours of documentation into 2 minute videos.
- Creativity is encouraged. Photographers should feel free to explore the city and use various lenses, exposures and techniques to capture the various interplay of the cities energies.Â Â
- General guidelines for the event, including basic information about time lapse photography and some tools that can be used, will be uploaded to SkyDogProjects.com leading up to the event.
- Have fun!Â